- EFI debuts 11 new products at drupa 2016, the most ever at one time. The advanced portfolio of inkjet and workflow technologies includes a new, high-volume, cost-efficient corrugated board inkjet press (Nozomi), new water-based inkjet platform (AquaEndure), the next evolution in Fiery DFE technology, and new, segment-driven Productivity Suites.
- EFI announced its biggest inkjet product development to date: the new EFI™ Nozomi single-pass LED technology, which can reach speeds up to 75 linear meters (246 linear feet) per minute. In addition to its speeds, the new technology announced today gives users the benefit of a low acquisition price with significant total cost of ownership advantages.
- During the drupa 2016 tradeshow, EFI and Esko announced they are bringing a combined workflow solution to market that will enable companies to produce packaging with a single seamless and integrated workflow.
- EFI moves into Ink World's Top 10 North American ink companies.
- EFI announces acquisition of Rialco® Limited, one of Europe's leading suppliers of dye powders and color products for digital print and industrial manufacturing industries.
- Six new EFI printers made a worldwide debut at FESPA Digital this year including one of the world's fastest production-class hybrid LED printers, a new, flagship high-volume inkjet press, and a VUTEk textile printer.
- EFI Cretaprint was awarded the prestigious Alfa de Oro Awards (Gold Alpha Award) for innovative products and processes.
- EFI announced the launch of the Imaging of Things exchange (www.ImagingofThings.com) – an online community for EFI customers looking to connect with and share ideas with other print professionals and print buyers looking for unique and innovative applications.
- EFI Connect — the printing industry's largest and longest-running users' group events, sold out conference with 10% more pre-registered customer attendees compared to 2015. Event highlights included keynote from Steve Wynn, Chairman and CEO of Wynn Resorts.
- EFI increases its investment in China, relocating its Asia-Pacific HQ to a new Shanghai high-tech customer experience center.