Heidelberg Prinect Integration
Heidelberg® Prinect® integration with EFI™ Fiery® digital print servers creates a single workflow management system for offset and digital printing.
Hybrid workflow to solve today's challenging print demands
- Connects the widest selection of digital print engines with industry-leading Fiery technology.
- CIP4 JDF-certified to maximize interoperability.
- Controls multiple devices from a single user interface and routes jobs to the most cost-effective device.
- Enables digital printing applications such as quick initial short run, short-run reprints, quick digital proofs or variable data printing.
Flexible ways to automate production processes
- Template-based flexible workflow automates production processes such as color, media, layout, finishing settings and more.
- Dynamically maps color mode, layout imposition; and inline finishing such as saddle-stitch booklet, stapling, punching and folding through JDF/JMF.
Highly integrated user interface to optimize operational efficiency
- Automatically synchronizes media library, allowing Prinect to get full access to Fiery Paper Catalog.
- Displays production status updates such as, device online/offline status, tray contents with loaded media, and job status; or spooling, printing, printed, rejected and canceled — right from the Prinect user interface.
The EFI Fiery server allows us to integrate the digital presses to our existing Heidelberg MIS and workflow system. We now have a much higher throughput of jobs than before, which we manage with the same number of staff, or even slightly fewer than before.
Brian T. Hansen, Project Manager, Fynske Medier