How to create manuals
Long documents such as manuals and reports may require page composition, chapter definition, page numbering as well as tabs. Produce even the most complex project with ease, and deliver great color too.
1. Driver-based imposition
Fiery® Booklet Maker lets you print multiple pages of a job from any application, in several booklet styles, without the need for more advanced imposition programs.
2. Custom imposition
Fiery Impose is a visual document layout application that allows customization of bleed area and crop marks.
- Learn more about Fiery Impose
- Download guide: Print a booklet from Fiery Impose
- eLearning: FIERY-400 Booklet-making and Imposition
- Video: Fiery Impose and Compose overview
- Video: User Defined Finish Size
3. Complex booklets
Fiery JobMaster provides advanced PDF-based job preparation functions. Intuitive document assembly includes fully visual tab insertion and design, page-level ticketing, finishing, scanning and powerful late-stage-editing features.
- Learn more about Fiery JobMaster
- Download guide: How to print advanced booklets and manuals
- eLearning: FIERY-800 Fiery JobMaster
4. Automate makeready
Automate the makeready process for brochures and newsletters by using the Hot Folders, Presets, or Virtual Printers workflows.
Download guide: Automate job submission with Fiery tools eLearning: FIERY-220 Creating Automated Workflows
5. Document composition
Fiery Compose simplifies printing of booklets and manuals by providing media assignment, tab printing, chapterization and multiple finishing options; plus a visual and interactive user interface.
6. Spot colors
Complex manuals and documents often include logos and brand colors defined with spot colors such as PANTONE®. Fiery servers support PANTONE and other color systems to match a desired spot color on a given printer.
7. Accurate color
Fiery Servers correctly render and produce accurate colors for documents containing a mix of spot colors, multiple color spaces, transparencies and overprints
- Download guide: Optimize color quality of documents
- Download guide: Paper stock management with Fiery Paper Catalog
- eLearning: FIERY-300 Optimizing Color and Consistency
- eLearning: FIERY-310 Color Workflow and Setup
- Download whitepaper: ABCs of Color
- Download whitepaper: ABCs of Design for Digital Printing
8. Last minute touch-ups and corrections
Fiery Image Enhance Visual Editor interactive tool adjusts images in a job individually, without opening and editing the file in the originating application. Adjust brightness, contrast, highlights, shadows, color balance and sharpness; and make red-eye corrections on any image.
9. Troubleshooting files
Use advanced Fiery tools to identify and correct file issues before printing such as missing fonts, spot colors, low-resolution images, mixed source colors, hairlines below threshold, overprints, artifacts, transparencies and PostScript errors. Fiery ImageViewer provides a pixel level preview of a raster file to pinpoint source of problem (file, engine or job processing), and also enables last-minute color adjustments.