How to create tab-separated documents
Simplify preparation of complex documents such as reports, proposals, directories, manuals, and catalogs
1. Basic tab insertion
Fiery® Compose simplifies printing of booklets and manuals by providing media assignment, tab printing, chapterization and multiple finishing options; plus a visual and interactive user interface.
2. Advanced tab insertion
Fiery JobMaster is an advanced PDF-based job-preparation solution that helps operators be more productive by effectively handling complex document preparation tasks such as tab insertion, scanning, chapterization, page numbering, and late-stage editing.
- Learn more about Fiery JobMaster
- Download guide: Produce documents with two sets of tabs
- Download guide: Produce documents with bleed-edge tabs
- Download guide: Prepare complex documents to print
- eLearning: FIERY-800 Fiery JobMaster
3. Spot colors
Complex manuals and documents often include logos and brand colors defined with spot colors such as PANTONE®. Fiery servers support PANTONE and other color systems to match a desired spot color on a given printer.
4. Accurate color
Fiery servers correctly render and produce accurate colors for documents that contain a mix of spot colors, multiple color spaces, transparencies and overprints.
- Download guide: Optimize color quality of documents
- Download guide: Paper stock management with Fiery Paper Catalog
- eLearning: FIERY-300 Optimizing Color and Consistency
- eLearning: FIERY-310 Color Workflow and Setup
- Download whitepaper: ABCs of Color
- Download whitepaper: ABCs of Design for Digital Printing
5. Image touch-ups and corrections
Fiery Image Enhance Visual Editor is an interactive tool that adjusts images in a job individually, without opening and editing the file in the originating application. Adjust brightness, contrast, highlights, shadows, color balance and sharpness; and make red-eye corrections on any image.
6. Troubleshooting files
Use advanced Fiery tools to identify and correct file issues before printing such as missing fonts, spot colors, low-resolution images, mixed source colors, hairlines below threshold, overprints, artifacts, transparencies and PostScript errors. Fiery ImageViewer provides a pixel level preview of a raster file to pinpoint source of problem (file, engine or job processing), and also enables last-minute color adjustments.