EFI Cretaprint 5th Generation Of Ceramic Printers
Offering easy-to-use, trouble-free operations at full throughput, 5th generation of Cretaprint ceramic printers represent a qualitative leap in performance that puts the user at the center of the technology. It is a new line of user-friendly printers with across-the-board improvements to maximum performance. Platform 5 ceramic tile printers also blaze a path for the future, openness and a relationship with the immediate environment, incorporating advanced Industry 4.0 solutions.
For the first time, EFI has developed its own printhead for maximum in-machine performance to optimize Cretaprint ceramic tile printer operations. For those who demand high-quality designs with full industrial robustness.
- Plug&Play: A mechanically improved printhead for better alignment and painting precision.
- New nozzle geometry: Ensures increased print uniformity.
- Speed: Capable of operating at higher speeds while maintaining print resolution.
- EFI Cretacolor Ceramic Inks: the perfect partner. e·D5 has been developed with a custom-tailored waveform for our inks, thus improving drop behavior to prevent stoppages.
- Fiery proServer Color Management for Ceramics: our color management software creates high-quality separations for decreased ink consumption thanks to a new algorithm developed for the e·D5 printhead.
Superior printing technology
Because a ceramic tile printer is so much more than just the printhead, 5th generation Cretaprint ceramic printers also features major improvements in the printing bars:
- Mechanics. A high-precision plate for a truly plug&play printhead. The platform 5 printing bars incorporate a new thermostable printhead plate with no need for printhead adjustments.
- Ink system. An update on a highly efficient system that is continually optimized to work with high-throughput and high-laydown printheads. Ink system improvements include full recirculation, zero sediments and full temperature management to enable platform 5 to reach its high performance objectives. Meanwhile, the ink system design has been kept simple and continues to offer straightforward handling in both day-to-day operations and maintenance tasks.
- Electronics and software. The updated platform 5 electronics feature bi-directional, constant communication with the printhead. This includes improvements such as Nozzle Out Compensation, a function that allows the printer to read the image of a printed tile, detect possible sealed injectors and adjust the image.
Updated interface for a totally intuitive experience:
- Direct access to main functions
- Bar status, transport and alarms are always visible
- New configurations for sub-menus and options, making it easy to access and explore advanced configurations
- Multi-language and touch screen
This application integrated into the printer software communicates via a standard open protocol (Modbus TCP/IP) with facility management packages.
It’s a fast, flexible and efficient solution to help increase productivity through:
- Printer monitoring
- Remote production lane management
A widely-used standard communications protocol for SCADA and BMS management software has been selected. This allows read access to basic data such as: machine status, per lane print jobs, tile characteristics, ink levels, printed meters, alarms, etc.
This free mobile app enables facility technicians to view details on each printer, as well as production statistics.
It’s a complementary solution for real-time supervision of each printer with information on:
5th generation Cretaprint ceramic printers can create an extra print with data and information relevant when printing slabs for:
- Master tiles and production control
- Machine adjustment and monitoring
ID printing lets you create templates with details including: date, time, file name, print profile, ink temperature, print speed and more. These templates can be edited and uploaded by the technician whenever a master slab print is required.