EFI Auto-Count 4D
Shop Floor Production Intelligence
Auto-Count 4D automatically collects accurate, up-to-the minute production data including counts, press status, speed and other critical information directly from your equipment. View Image Gallery
Best-in-class products delivered as a Suite
Learn how the Productivity Suite represents the next step in the evolution of the EFI product portfolio, expanding the integration-quotient of existing offerings with a focus on efficiency, profitability and building new revenue streams. Learn More
Features of Auto-Count 4D
- Easy-to-use and leverage solution: Auto-Count 4D is built on an HTML platform providing easy access across a variety of mobile devices.
- Compatibility and integration: Auto-Count 4D works seamlessly with other EFI Print MIS solutions to maximise the value of equipment, improve productivity/throughput, reduce waste, provide a higher level of visibility, and support more informed equipment and staff decisions
- Automated and consistent counting capability: Auto-Count 4D’s sophisticated technology offers your staff more autonomy and control by producing the same count across all forms, eliminating overruns and underruns. Automated/detailed pallet tags also help your team to track jobs better as they move through your shop
- Extends your CIM/JDF integration initiative as Auto-Count 4D provides integration for older, non-JDF enabled equipment
- Advanced paper management capabilities
- For all equipment, Auto-Count 4D provides improved counts and better tracking of waste. This leads to improved paper tracking and reductions in overage waste
- For equipment with web stock, Auto-Count Paper Monitor provides advanced roll-stock management, providing better roll-stock tracking and validation of mill information
Auto-Count 4D Standard Edition
AC4D Standard Edition is a premier counting and control system for high-speed production equipment, delivering precision counting technology to every piece of equipment in the pressroom and bindery
- For sheetfed, bindery and finishing and some small webs including roll-to-roll webs
- Use sensors on the press or finishing equipment or sensors and buttons to trigger “good” counts
Auto-Count 4D Express Edition
AC4D Express Edition is designed for smaller equipment that only requires basic gross/net counts of one product at a time.
- Collects information from simple operations or equipment with one out feed.
- Bindery line with multiple input pockets that produces one book at a time.
- Simple folders with one product in and one product out
Auto-Count 4D Manual Edition
AC4D Manual Edition is designed to bring AC4D capabilities to production equipment where using sensors is not possible, or where only using a single simple sensor is possible. Flatbed cutters, drills, punches, and manual operations are environments where this solution would be viable.
- Collects information from manual operations or equipment without a cycle or measurement point
Auto-Count 4D Plant Manager
EFI Auto-Count 4D’s Plant Manager consolidates information from all monitored devices into user-defined desktops. Managers gain a real-time snapshot of current activities and a detailed history of operation.
- Closes the gap between production and management, providing real-time information to support critical business decisions
- Consolidates information from all monitored equipment, including sheet and web offset, digital presses, and finishing equipment
- Highlights work centres that require additional attention
- Integrates seamlessly with the EFI Monarch and EFI Pace management systems
- Boosts crew and management performance with immediate feedback on production, including an analysis of performance against objectives and history
Auto-Count 4D Plant View
The Auto-Count 4D PlantView module provides a consolidated, real-time view of the status of up to six devices on a single large-format monitor. With PlantView, managers and production teams can see, at a glance, which equipment is active, which jobs are running, how the run is progressing, and how the performance is against expectations.
Auto-Count 4D Performance Dashboard
The Auto-Count 4D Performance Dashboard provides distance viewing of job progress, giving your team real-time visibility into the status of the current run.
The dashboard uses graphical elements and colour indicators to keep your entire team engaged in the production process, providing key production metrics without requiring them to review information on the Auto-Count desktop monitor.
Auto-Count 4D integrates with your EFI Print Management Information Solution (Print MIS) to improve productivity by allowing operators to download run specifications right at your press console. This capability reduces manual data entry and increases production accuracy. Auto-Count updates your management system with production counts and activity – putting the information that you need on your desktop in real time. Your managers, CSRs, schedulers and sales staff can check job status and respond to production events faster than ever before.
Auto-Count 4D also integrates with your EFI PrintFlow® Dynamic Scheduling solution by delivering the run lists to the machine operators and updating PrintFlow in real-time as the jobs are produced and completed.
Auto-Count 4D Integrates with:
- EFI PrintFlow Dynamic Scheduling
- EFI Fiery (via Plant Manager)
- EFI Fiery (via Plant Manager)
- Screen Print
- Litho Sheetfed
- Litho Web
- Digital Page
- Digital Web
- Finishing Equipment
- Folding equipment
- Cutting equipment
- Insertion equipment
- Mailing Lines
- Inkjet Equipment
We know making a decision to transform your business is not easy. At EFI, we’ve helped thousands of customers select the right technology to grow, transform and automate their business practices. We’re always ready to talk about your goals and how our products can help.
All of our equipment is fine-tuned to be as productive as possible because of the accuracy of the data we collect with Auto-Count.
Judi Hansen, IT Director, J.S. McCarthy
Auto-Count has made a tremendous impact on our operation from a data collection standpoint. Auto-Count provides us the data we’ve been missing to make accurate cost sheet comparisons.
Jim Tomblinson, Plant Superintendent, Modern Litho-Print Co.
Auto-Count helps us achieve an amazing component balance by weighing makeready and run waste - in real time - and subtracting it from the total paper used. With Auto-Count, we know exactly where we are with waste and can continue to work to reduce it.
David Pilcher, President, Freeport Press