EFI Cretacolor Ink
Genuine EFITM Cretacolor Ink is the essential element for decorating ceramic tiles with the highest quality, consistency, and reliability. Our ceramic inks have been developed with particular emphasis on ink performance and reliability. A unique set of inks and effects that simply work are available both: eco-solvent and waterbased.
Water-friendly inks for ceramics
EFI offers unique water-based ceramic inks that simply work.
Water-based inks are a source of direct benefits:
- The lower amount of organic component formula translates into a reduction of more than 90% of VOC emissions to the atmosphere.
- Reduction of carbon emissions by an average of 73%
- Reduction of chemical solvents used for cleaning, thus a more sustainable manufacturing process
- Less drying time
- Greater integration with the rest of the ceramic processes in the plant and elimination of hydro-repellence phenomena
- Higher print quality due to better definition of the image with respect to solvent-based inks
- Greater chromatic range as it is not necessary to limit the color
Extend the color gamut beyond all boundaries
Our Bright Yellow and Ruby Red inks further expand the ceramic color gamut:
- Replacing the Yellow ink with Bright Yellow ink on your printer will give you a broader and better color space.
- Our Bright Yellow ink stands out in the field of ceramics for its lemon-yellow intensity and because it provides a wider gamut of greens when mixed with cobalt blue. In some cases, it can even replace the need for using Cyan instead of cobalt blue, or using green ink, to obtain a mellow gamut of greens.
Expertise and an exacting approach = top-of-the-line products
- Quality controlled ingredients: Our stringent ceramic ink manufacturing processes guarantee the quality required for tile inkjet printing.
- Proven experience in ink formulation: Our experience with chemical formulation and the rigorous control of our raw materials, production and packaging, guarantees the quality of the inks we produce.
- Color management and image processing: Our unique digital ceramic decoration ecosystem approach combines inkjet printers, inks and Fiery® proServer color management to ensure high-quality decoration, maximum performance and ink savings.
- Service and availability: EFI is a global company that provides local support and Cretacolor ink is available around the clock and is backed up by EFI’s logistics and 24/7 customer service.